Those whose facial skin is oily, have to face many problems. Light oil remains on the face of such people all the time and the face feels sticky. Nail-pimples arise due to oily skin, which spoils the beauty of the face.
Of course, different types of creams are available in the market to deal with oily skin, but their long-term use is not beneficial. Therefore, today in this article we are sharing with you the home remedies of oily skin, using which will make your face beautiful, attractive, and soft.
Most women have to deal with the problem of oily skin because the makeup on oily skin does not last long. Even sunscreen and foundation start melting as soon as exposed to the sun, which makes your oily face worse. Now the question arises as to why there is oily skin. Here we are going to tell you about some of such main reasons.
Everyone knows that stress is harmful to health. This can cause many problems. When we are under stress, the hormonal balance in our body deteriorates. Cortisol is also a type of hormone. When we are stressed, it starts leaking into the body, which makes the skin oily.
2. Change in hormones
There are many hormonal changes in the body of women at different levels of life. Whether it is in adolescence or in pregnancy. Even hormonal changes occur in women before and after menopause. During this time, the oily glands present in the body become active and the oil present in the skin starts to soften on the face, due to which the skin becomes oily.
If the skin of one’s parents is oily, it is possible that their children’s skin may also be oily. In this case, the eyes of the skin on the face of children can become large, due to which oil comes out from the oil glands in excess.
4. Overuse of skincare products
Our facial skin is the most sensitive. Despite this, we use various skin care products to enhance the face. We do more face scrubbing than sure. As a result, the color of our face starts flying. Doing this can also make the skin oily.
5. Change in weather
As the weather changes, its effect is visible on the face. Due to an increase in humidity in summer, sweating comes more and oil comes out more from the oil glands. For this reason, the face looks more oily than necessary. At the same time, the skin becomes dry in winter, in such a situation, the skin becomes more oily to meet the deficiency of the moisturizer.
6. Prescription drugs
Excessive drug use can also make the skin oily. Be careful if you are taking hormonal contraceptive medicine or hormone replacement medicine. It may be that your skin also becomes oily due to frequent use of these medicines and you have to face nail pimples.
7. Makeup is also a reason
One of the main reasons for oily skin is more makeup. Makeup can cause facial pores to turn off, which leads to skin oily. In addition, excessive use of make-up brushes and cosmetic creams also causes oily skin.
8. Wrong eating
Eating fried, chilly-spices, greasy and high-fat foods can also make the skin oily.
So far we have known what are the reasons behind oily skin. Now we will talk about some home remedies, with the help of which this problem can be dealt with.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Here we are talking about the home remedies for oily skin, which are not only very easy to make but also have no harmful effects.
Rosewater has been considered natural and good for health. It controls the oil in the skin and provides moisture. According to a study, rose water contains plenty of antimicrobials, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. All these properties are sufficient to take care of oily skin.
- A little rose water
- A cotton ball
How to use:
Clean the face by soaking a cotton ball or a small piece of cotton wool in rose water. By doing this, not only the facial skin will blossom, but you will feel refreshed and you will be filled with the smell of rose water.
Note: You can follow this process twice a day in the morning and at night before sleeping.
2. Multani mitti
Multani mitti is no less than a boon for oily skin. It contains plenty of minerals, which works miraculously on oily skin. Multani Mitti Face Pack soaks up the oil from the skin and gives it natural beauty. In addition, it eliminates pimples and lightens blemishes.
- Two teaspoons of Multani mitti
- A spoonful of fresh curd
- Two to three drops of lemon juice
Making of method:
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and mix until a paste is formed.
- Now wash face thoroughly with water and clean it with a towel.
- After this, apply the paste all over your face.
- When the face pack dries completely, wash the face with cold water.
- After washing the face, apply any good moisturizer cream.
3. Masur lentils
Lentil lentils are believed to contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. It is not only beneficial in food but also beneficial for the skin. Its face pack is effective on oily skin.
- Half a cup of lentils
- One-third cup of raw milk
How to make the face pack
- Soak lentil in water overnight and grind it well the next morning.
- Now mix milk and make a thick paste.
- Apply this face pack on your face and let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- Now wash face thoroughly with cold water.
Note: You can also do face scrubbing with this face pack.
4. Azadirachta indica (Neem)
Neem is considered to be of great importance in Ayurvedic medicine. Ayurvedic medicines made from neem leaves and its juice are beneficial for health.
Also, neem is also used to enhance the beauty of the body. Due to its virtue, its use is also described in the Greek method. Here we are explaining how a face pack prepared with neem can prove useful for oily skin.
- 9-10 leaves of neem
- 3-4 pinch turmeric powder
Pack making method:
- Soak neem leaves in water and grind it well to make a paste.
- Now add turmeric powder to it.
- If the paste has thickened, a few drops of water may be added to dilute it.
- Now wash the face with water and apply a paste.
- After about 20 minutes, when the paste dries, wash the face with water.
Note: This pack absorbs the oil from the face and also cleanses the pimples.
5. Orange peel
Everyone knows that orange is the best source of vitamin-C, but orange helps in transmitting antioxidants to the skin. Face packs made of orange peel not only remove excess oil from the skin but also work to remove stains.
- Three tablespoon orange peel powder
- Four tablespoons milk
- A spoonful of coconut oil
- Two to four teaspoons rose water
Make pack like this
- Dry the orange peel in the sun for two-three days and then grind it to powder. Although this powder is also found in the market, the homemade powder is better.
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and apply it on the face.
- Wash the face with water after about 15-20 minutes.
Note: You can apply this face pack 4-5 times a week.
Cucumber is not only good for health but is also beneficial for oily skin. Cucumbers have nutritious properties like vitamin-K, C, potassium, and folic acid. In addition, it contains a special element called silicon, which helps to enhance the skin. Cucumber juice has been considered the best tonic for the skin, which is applied to the face to feel the freshness.
- A cucumber
- 6-8 drops of lemon juice
- A teaspoonful honey
- Take out the skin of the cucumber and grind it into pieces without adding water.
- Now mix lemon juice and honey in it.
- Clean the face thoroughly, apply this pack on your face with the help of cotton.
- Massage the face with light hands and then allow it to dry for 15-20.
- After this wash the face with lukewarm water.
Honey is considered beneficial for oily skin. It contains elements like vitamins, antioxidants, antimicrobials, and minerals, which remove the oil from the skin, making it youthful and beautiful.
- 10 almonds
- A spoonful of honey
- Soak almond nuts in water overnight and grind them well the next morning.
- Now mix one spoon honey in it and mix it well.
- Leave this pack on the face for about 15 minutes and wash after drying.
8. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is the most natural product. A small plant containing this medicine can be used in many ways. On the one hand, it is quite useful for the stomach, while on the other hand it is also used for beautiful and glowing skin. It is beneficial for all types of skin, oily, dry, and mixed. Here we explain how its home pack can be made.
- One teaspoon aloe vera gel
- A spoonful of honey
Pack making method:
- Boil aloe vera leaves in hot water and grind them to a paste.
- Mix these two in a bowl and mix them.
- Now apply this pack on your face with clean hands.
- Wash the face after getting fresh after about 15-20 minutes.
Note: This face pack not only cleanses the oil from the face but also works on acne and pimples. It can be applied once a week.
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, which cleanse the skin and provide it with moisturizing. Read further how a pack of oatmeal is made for oily skin.
- Two to three teaspoon dried oatmeal
- A spoonful of honey
- Some water
- Make a powder by grinding the oatmeal in a grinder.
- Now add some water, so that it becomes thick like a paste.
- Then mix honey in it.
- Now apply this pack on the face and after drying after about 20 minutes, wash it with water.
Note: You can apply this pack once or twice a week.
We all know that lemon contains vitamin-C. Cleans the facial pores, helping to shrink them. Applying it on the face can reduce the problem of oily skin to a great extent. Along with controlling sebum (a kind of oily substance attached to the skin surface), it reduces its production.
- Half sliced lemon
- 7-8 drops of rose water
How to use:
- Rub half-sliced lemon on the face with soft hands. If you are jealous, mix rose water in lemon juice.
- Now apply it on your face and wash it with water after about 20 minutes.
Eggs have been considered a source of protein, vitamins, and other nutrients. It helps in improving health as well as enhancing beauty. Let’s know about the face pack made of eggs.
- An egg
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Put the egg white in a bowl.
- Add fresh lemon drops and mix well.
- Wash the face with lukewarm water.
- Clean the fingers and apply the pack on the face.
- After about 15 minutes, when the skin starts feeling stretched, then wash the face.
12. Gram flour
The gram flour present in every Indian kitchen is used to make dishes and sweets and also to enhance the beauty of the face. Today we will wake up how to use gram flour to get rid of oily skin.
- Four tablespoons gram flour
- Two teaspoons rose water
- Two teaspoons honey
How to prepare a pack:
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and mix until it becomes a paste.
- Now apply this paste on your face and wash it after getting fresh after 15 minutes.
Note: You can also use it as a facewash while taking a shower.
13. Apple vinegar
It is made from brown vinegar, apple juice. It is believed to have anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. In this sense, it can prove effective on oily skin.
- A spoonful of apple vinegar
- Three teaspoons of water
- Cotton ball
Method of use:
- Mix the water in the vinegar.
- Now wash the face with water, apply this mixture on your face through cotton.
- After 10-15 minutes, wash the face with water.
- After drying the face, apply any moisturizer cream.
Note: You can apply it once or twice a week.
14. Green tea
Along with drinking green tea, it is also useful to apply on the face. It has polyphonic and anti-inflammatory properties, which protect us from skin-related diseases. Let’s know how green tea can be used for oily skin.
- Two teaspoons of green tea
- A spoonful of lemon juice
- A spoonful of rice flour
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Apply this mixture on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- After this wash the face with fresh water.
Note: Green-tea helps to clear the pores of the skin.
There is nothing better than turmeric to get smooth and glowing skin. It is beneficial not only for oily but also for all skin types. It has antioxidant and anti-neoplastic properties.
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- A spoonful of honey
Pack preparation method:
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture on your face with the help of a clean makeup brush.
- When this paste dries, wash the face with lukewarm water.
Above we learned about all the home remedies, using which we can take care of oily skin. Now we are going to tell you some other tips about oily skin.
Other Tips For Oily Skin Care
Apart from these home remedies, there are other ways with which we can take care of our oily skin.
1. Cleansing: By doing this, all the pores of the face are opened and all the dirt comes out from them, which cleans the excess oil deposited on the face. While doing the cleaning, keep in mind that wash the face only with lukewarm water.
2. Toning: After cleansing, we get toning done. By doing this, the pores are closed and the dirt does not get deposited back on the face.
3. Scribing: Oily skin causes blackheads around the nose. Blackhead remover scrubs are used to remove them. This will not only clean blackheads but also get rid of pimples.
4. Moisturizer: Any good company can apply the cream to the moisturizer. This keeps the skin hydrated.
5. Sunscreen: The skin becomes oily on exposure to the sun. Therefore, use such sunscreen, which can prevent the skin from becoming oily.
Now we know that those who have oily skin, what they should eat, and whatnot. Everything we eat affects our oily glands. If we keep our food better, we can beat the oily skin to a great extent.
What should we eat?
- Green vegetables
- Coconut water
What not to eat:
- Fried chips
- Red meat
- Dairy products ie butter, cream, cheese
- Sugar beverages
- Polished grain
- Deep fry food
Everyone wants to look beautiful and young, be it girl or boy, but oily skin proves to be the biggest obstacle in this way. Therefore, we have given you some ways to deal with this problem through this article. Hope you have got all the answers in this regard. If you still have doubts, share with us in the comment box below. Also, tell us about your experiences.