A very happy Eid to all my friends. In this time for pleasant festivities, what is that one dish which makes this festival complete? It is the sweet SheerKhurma,” a yummy delight filled with loads of nuts and dates, and rich with a milky texture. So try my recipe, and enjoy the feast with your loved ones.
- Desi ghee – 3tbsp
- Chironji – 1tbsp
- Pista (chopped) – 1tbsp
- Almond (chopped) – 1tbsp
- Walnut (chopped) – 1tbsp
- Dates or Chuara – 5-7no
- Milk (full fat) – 1lt
- Saffron (optional) – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – ½ cup (approx)
- Semiyan (wheat vermicelli) – handful/40gms
1. In a pan add 1½ tbsp of ghee. Sprinkle chironji, pista, almond, walnuts, and dates. Give a quick stir and pour milk, add saffron, cardamom powder, and sugar. Cook the milk till it reduces to half. This may take some time so keep stirring.
2. In a separate pan heat the remaining ghee and add broken semiyan. Stir on low heat for a couple of minutes to lightly brown it. Stream in the reduced milk over semiyan and cook for another 8-10min. Remove from heat and serve hot or cold.
3. Remember the consistency of the milk is to be pouring when you take it off heat as it will thicken when it cools down.