Almond oil is rich in many nutrients. It is used not only in food but also for application on the body. Although many of you may also use almond oil, do you know that almond oil can save you from many diseases? Yes, we will tell you about some similar uses of almond oil. In this article, you will learn about the advantages, uses, and disadvantages of almond oil.
Why is Almond oil Good for you?
We have been hearing since childhood that eating almonds is good for the body, but do you know, the use of almond oil is as beneficial for us as almonds.
Almond and almond oil have many properties including anti-inflammatory, immunity-boosting. Therefore, almond oil can prove to be helpful in maintaining internal health from your skin.
Benefits of Almond Oil
The benefits of almond oil are many. Read further in this article what are the benefits of using almond oil to our body-
1. Heart health
The monounsaturated fats present in almond oil reduce LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol), thereby preventing the risk of heart disease. Also, the (monounsaturated fatty) acids present in almond oil can be effective for heart health by reducing blood pressure.
Almond oil can help reduce blood sugar. According to a scientific study, people who included almond oil for breakfast found a significantly lower amount of sugar in their blood than others. At the same time, direct consumption of almond oil has been found to be more beneficial for diabetes than almonds.
3. Helpful in reducing weight
The benefits of almond oil include weight loss. Actually, the monounsaturated fat present in almonds can help in weight loss. Almond oil does not contain fiber like almonds. In such a situation, use almond oil in a balanced amount to lose weight.
4. Beneficial for the eyes
Almond oil is also considered beneficial for the eyes. Vitamin-E found in almond oil works to make the eyes healthy. Actually, almond oil contains vitamin-E called (alpha-tocopherol), which can take care of the health of the old eye and increase the light of the eyes.
You can also drink almond oil for eye health and it is considered beneficial to massage the eyes with it. Apart from this, almond oil is also used in eye drops used for the treatment of the dry eye.
5. Digestive health
Almond oil is also considered useful in enhancing digestive health. Actually, the consumption of almond oil is helpful in improving intestinal function. It relieves irritable bowel syndrome (constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, etc.). In such a situation, it can be said that almond oil also helps in maintaining digestive health.
Almond oil is also used as an injection. Rectal prolapse in children is treated with an injection of almond oil. Rectal prolapse is a rare condition found in children, in which a part of the large intestine slides out of the stool (anus).
This is such a problem related to the digestive system, the exact cause of which has not yet been known. This problem can be caused by constipation and diarrhea.
Almond oil can be helpful in relieving symptoms of (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) such as abdominal pain, constipation, and other fecal problems. You can drink 6 to 10 ml of almond oil in a glass of lukewarm milk before bedtime, which can relieve the problem of bowel movement.
7. Ear infection
The benefits of almond oil also include removing earwax. Actually, putting hot bearable almond oil in the ear softens the earwax, making it easier to remove. According to one study, almond oil, like ear wax removal (ceruminolytic), does not cause auto-toxicity to the ear.
Thus it can be said that if you remove the earwax with the help of almond oil, then you can protect the ear from infection. At the same time, research is needed on whether or not almond oil increases the hearing ability of the ear.
Using almond oil for aromatherapy can give you a pleasant feeling. According to scientific research, using almond oil twice a day can improve sleep quality and relieve fatigue. In addition, rest can also be found from rhinoconjunctivitis (runny nose, sneezes, red eyes).
9. Newborn assistants in the cradle cap
The layer that settles on a newborn’s head is called a (Cradle Cap). Almond oil can be helpful to get rid of it. Almond oil has dry skin healing properties. Therefore, almond oil is believed to help in getting rid of the cradle cap. More scientific research is still needed on this subject.
10. Glowing skin
Almond oil has the ability to enhance and enliven the skin. The (emollient) and (sclerosant )properties present in it enhance the facial complexion. Therefore, almond oil can be applied on the face for glowing skin. In addition, almond oil can also be helpful in reducing injury and other scars on the skin.
11. Dark circles
Almond oil is also considered helpful in reducing dark circles under the eyes. According to a study, vitamin-E is beneficial in removing dark circles under the eyes. Explain that almonds are rich in skin lightening properties and vitamin-E. Applying two to three drops of almond oil under the eyes and light massage can relieve dark circles.
12. Helpful in psoriasis and eczema
Almond oil for skin has been used for a long time. It has been used in ancient Chinese and Indian Ayurveda treatments for serious skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema.
Explain that psoriasis is a skin disease in which the skin becomes red and crusted. During this time, skin pain, swelling can also occur. At the same time, eczema is called skin rashes and red spots.
13. Hair health
You can use almond oil to keep your hair healthy. Almond oil is rich in vitamin-E. You can massage and apply almond oil to the hair roots, which gives shine to the hair. Almond oil is light for hair. Using it does not close the scalp pores, due to which there is no hindrance in hair growth.
Almond Oil Nutritional Value
If almond oil is called a treasure of nutrients, it will not be wrong. Along with giving energy to your body, it also works to get rid of many diseases. The nutrients in almond oil used for beauty and health are as follows.
|Nutrients||Per 100 grams|
|Total lipid (fat)||100 g|
|Vitamin E (alpha – tocopherol)||39.20 mg|
|Vitamin K (phylloquinone)||7.0 µg|
|Fatty acid, saturated||8.200 g|
|Fatty acid, monounsaturated||69.900g|
|Fatty acid, polyunsaturated||17.400g|
How to Use Almond Oil
Almond oil has been used for centuries to soothe the skin, treat minor wounds, and bruises. You can use almond oil in the following ways –
- You can massage the whole body with two teaspoons of almond oil to remove the tiredness of the day, which will make you feel very relaxed.
- You can also prepare an anti-aging paste for the face with almond oil. For this, apply 1 tablespoon almond oil and 1 teaspoon rose water on the face, and after 15 minutes wash your face with lukewarm water.
- You can also use almond oil in drinking with milk.
- Apart from this, almond oil can also be used in cooking.
- You can also mix almond oil with apple vinegar and use it for salad dressing.
- You can also eat a few drops of almond oil in pasta, this will give you healthy fat.
- If you like the taste of almond oil, then you can use it on top of any other dish as well.
- Almond oil has also been considered useful for the skin. You can massage almond oil on your face to make your face young and soft.
- Almond oil can prove to be healthy for you due to being rich in Vitamin-E. Please tell that almond oil is of two types, sweet and bitter. Bitter ie bitter almond oil is used to make medicines.
Note: Before using almond oil on your face or hair, see if you are allergic to it. If something like this happens, you must consult a doctor before using it.
Make Almond Oil At Home
Seeing the benefits of almond Rogan oil, everyone likes to use it, but people are always confused about its purity. Do you know that with some easy methods you can make almond oil at home? Let’s know the method of making almond oil –
- Two cups almonds
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Put the almonds in a blender and grind them.
- When the almonds start sticking together, turn off the blender.
- Now remove the pieces of almonds sticking in the jar with a spoon and then run the blender again.
- When a little oil starts to come out from the almonds, add one tablespoon of olive oil to it.
- After running the blender for a while, take out this paste in a vessel and keep it at room temperature.
- During this time the oil will separate from the paste.
- In this way, you can extract almond oil.
Side Effects of Almond Oil
Almond oil is rich in nutrients, but its health benefits as well as its disadvantages cannot be ignored. Know below the disadvantages of excessive consumption of almond oil –
- Excessive use of almond oil can increase your weight, as it contains a lot of calories. 164 calories are found in just 28 grams of almonds. At the same time, when its oil is made, it increases calories and fat even more.
- According to one study, daily consumption of almond oil by pregnant women may increase the risk of premature delivery.
- Almond oil reduces the level of glucose in the blood, so if you take it in excess, then the amount of (hypoglycemia) (blood sugar) is reduced significantly. At the moment there is no accurate scientific evidence to confirm this fact.
After knowing the benefits of almond oil, you can use it according to your need. We hope that you have got all the information related to almond oil through this article. If you want to know more about almond oil, you can ask questions in the comment box below. You can also share with us how you experienced after adopting the home remedies given in the article.