This capsicum spice vegetable is very easy to make and is made in a few minutes but its taste is very good. Roasted sesame seeds and roasted peanuts have been added to make curry in this vegetable, which gives a different and better taste than the gravy of all vegetables. Whenever you feel like making some new vegetables, you must make this vegetable by following this simple recipe.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 medium green capsicum
- 2 tsp dried coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon Grated Dry Coconut
- 1 Dry red chili
- 1 tsp sesame
- 1/4 cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium-size onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup water
1. Put dried coriander seeds, grated coconut, dry red chilies, and sesame seeds in a pan and fry them for about 2 minutes until they start to taste good on low heat. Remove them to a plate and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes. Finely grind them in a small jar of mixie with roasted peanuts.
2. Heat the oil in the same pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them turn golden. Add chopped onion and garlic and fry until the onion starts to turn pink.
3. Add chopped capsicum and sprinkle salt over it.
4. The chopped capsicum is cooked but fries till it becomes slightly crisp, it will take about 2-3 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix well and let it cook for 1 minute.
6. Add masala powder (made in step-1), lemon juice, and salt (for masala powder only).
7. Cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
8. Add 3/4 cup of water and keep it on medium flame to boil.
9. After the vegetables start boiling, then let the gravy cook until it starts to thicken. It will take about 3-4 minutes.
10. Turn off the gas and take out the vegetables in a serving bowl.