Tiranga Kalakand Recipe: Kalakand is a popular Indian dessert made with milk, sugar, and whole nuts. But in this recipe, this dessert is given a twist of tricolor.
preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 300 ml of milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon flower
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 0.5-gram saffron
- Almond Flakes for Garnishing
1. Make a separate paste of pistachios and soak saffron in 50 ml of warm milk.
2. Heat the milk in a pan, allow it to boil. Add lemon flowers to the water and allow them to dissolve and add sugar to it and gently add it to the milk. Let it boil.
3. When the cheese starts separating from the milk, reduce the heat. Now mix the mixture and filter it with a sieve and keep the extra water aside for the nickel.
4. Divide this mixture into three parts. Take the first part of the mixture, add pistachio paste, cardamom powder, mix it well. Place in a tray.
5. Take another part, add cardamom powder, mix well, apply on a tray.
6. Take the third part, mix cardamom and saffron milk in it. Mix it well, layer in-tray.
7. Keep the tricolor in the refrigerator for about an hour to set. Take it out and cut it into pieces.
8. Place it on a plate and garnish with pistachios, almonds, and saffron on top.